Video & Successful Virtual Events
Don’t cancel your fundraising and corporate events! That’s the take-away from Fireside’s interactive discussion on moving to virtual events in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Your donors, team, community and customers want to engage with your organization and online events are an ideal way to do so.
Because these are somewhat uncharted waters, there’s some uncertainty around getting started, platforms for hosting and making your virtual events engaging.
You asked and so, Fireside tapped some wonderful resources for answers. Here are the highlights from our panel featuring Fireside’s Naomi Binkley, Founder & President of The Gala Team (and former Denver Broncos running back), Reggie Rivers and Robyn Burns, Director of Marketing and Communications for Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver.
Recommendations from our panelists:
- The Gala Team suggests Zoom as a proven hosting platform and pushing to Facebook Live (which is what we did during our discussion on Successfully Taking Your Event from In-Person to Online – see the full panel video here!).
- Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver hosted its first-ever Virtual Breakfast for Humanity on Vimeo. It was pre-recorded but broadcast live with donate buttons and chat boxes for engagement.
- Habitat used direct mail to reach those who may prefer to give via check.
- The Gala Team highly recommends a chat promoter (or promoters) to welcome participants and engage your online attendees.
- Fireside suggests promoting your event through video on social, encouraging people to show their “event photos” and tag your organization on your social platforms. A thank-you or highlights video is also a wonderful final touch to encourage people to continue to give, share and get involved.
- Ideal length. Our panelists agree that we’re still collecting data on the lengths that best perform with a combination of pre-recorded and live elements. Television programming is generally 30-minutes and is a good starting point for your target.
- Fireside encourages a variety of video components:
- Live elements from your emcee.
- Recorded, hosted videos from sponsors or those making asks (we can even use teleprompter to keep them on-target and on-time).
- Your mission moment or brand video – similar to what you would do for your event – that leads into the ask or paddle raiser.
- Outtakes or bloopers to add elements of levity and fun.
Watch the Virtual Breakfast for Humanity for inspiration and make a donation to support the work of Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver.
The Gala Team (now, The Virtual Gala Team) is offering a comprehensive guide to Virtual Galas. The Gala Team supports your organization from planning to online auctions and of course, raising top dollar at a memorable event.
Fireside is your source for everything video and our Focus On You™ approach to production ensures we make it enjoyable and effective for you and your team. Let us help you rest easy as you shift from in-person to online events!
Even if you don’t move your entire event to an online format, video is a powerful way to mark important milestones.
Use video to congratulate, reflect or send well-wishes and deliver a heartfelt thank you. The Daniels College of Business at University of Denver partnered with Fireside to produce a series of graduation videos for the Class of 2020. Daniels reached more people than expected as graduates shared the videos with friends, family and others.
“We were incredibly impressed that Fireside Production could provide such a valuable and quick option, executing on this within a three-week period. The Daniels College of Business is delighted to have such a high-quality and professional video partner.” – Kristal Griffith, Daniels College of Business, Senior Director of Communications & Operations
For STRIVE Prep, the 2020 Senior Signing Day – which is typically attended by thousands and hosted at the Denver Coliseum – was celebrated with a Remote Senior Signing Day experience. You can view these videos on our Virtual Online Events page.