Fireside Video Shoots During COVID-19 Safer At Home
What to expect on your next Fireside Production video shoot during this phase of the response to COVID-19.
You know that feeling when it’s the first pool day of the season? The skies are crystal blue and the water is just cool enough to keep the heat at bay. The moment you – and kids everywhere – have been longing for all winter long. That’s a bit how we feel about hearing we can finally get back out and put our passion for video storytelling to work for you. But wait. There’s the lifeguard whistle – with the shouts of “no running!” from above. Much like the lifeguard watching out for our safety, the transition from the COVID-19 Stay-at-Home orders to Safer at Home is specifically designed to protect us… all of us.
And so, we’re taking things slow and putting extra precautions in place to ensure the health of your team, our team and those you ask to be in your videos. Video shoots can be rescheduled but we don’t get second chances at protecting lives. So, Fireside is committed to doing this right.
Here’s what to expect leading up to and during your next Fireside video shoot.
A few additional thoughts or points worth reiterating:
- When scheduling your video shoot, let’s get your time on the calendar – with a back-up date as well… just in case we need it.
- We trust that you have health and safety practices in place in the locations you’re inviting us in to. If we find that’s not the case, we will need to reschedule – even if we’re already on-site. Our team needs to be confident and comfortable to do our best work! There would be the one-hour charge for the crew if this situation were to arise. So, let’s avoid that!
- Let us know right away if someone involved in the shoot is showing possible signs of COVID-19 or if they may have been exposed to the virus. You can rest assured that we’ll do the same. Again, health and safety first and foremost.
There is no charge to reschedule a Fireside video shoot.
- Our team and yours need to be wearing masks.
- We’ll practice safe distancing – no one closer than six feet apart. We do have more equipment for interviews and hosted video shoots – like executive messages, teleprompter shoots and demonstration videos, so it’s best to consider the shoot location in advance. We want to make sure we can safely distance and capture the best shots.
- Distancing requires a bit of a set-up dance, so it may take a smidge longer for equipment set-up and break-down.
- Video shoots are exciting – no question about it! However, during this time, we ask that no more than one or two members of your team attend the shoot.
- It’s going to be tough, but we’re not hugging or shaking hands. This one hurts!
- We are not providing in-person video shoots involving people considered at high risk. That’s an ethical call on our part and hope you can respect that it is truly because we care. Check out our blog on Video Communications During the Coronavirus Crisis for suggestions on how to pivot with these types of pieces that we know are so important to many of our clients.
We know that much like that perfect start to a long-awaited pool day, things may change quickly. Dark clouds may once again build and force us out of the pool and back inside. That’s ok. These are challenging times.
The entire Fireside team is ready and willing to be flexible and to get you the video content you need.
So, whether you know exactly what you want – or don’t know where to start – give Fireside a call at 720-287-2567. Actually, we’re still safer at home and largely working remotely so better yet, email a member of the team or contact us through our website. We can’t wait to see you and serve you again!